Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beautiful Apricots


Jen, from my ward called and said they had perfect apricots ripe for the pickin. This morning, the boys and I went to her amazing backyard and picked apricots. These are no ordinary apricots, they are beautiful...soft, full, no blemishes and taste wonderful! We have already filled my food dehydrator, made a batch of jam, and have snacked on them all day. I love this part of summer to enjoy the harvest of fruits and vegetables. These apricots really made my day, I feel so grateful. Thanks Jen.

6 comments:

Kari said...

That is a gorgeous picture YUMMY! I wish my kids would eat apricots, the are so picky!
Kari

Nate and Karen said...

Those look delicious, I am definitely jealous! Aren't dehydrators wonderfu;!

Rob & Autum said...

Wow! That looks like a professional photo in a magazine. The apricots looks delicious! Apricots remind me of my grandma because she always made apricot jam.
Way cool tie die shirts. You are such a fun and creative mom. When Carter gets a little bigger you will have to show me how to do all these fun activities! BTW how are you? ;)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than fresh apricots. We have enjoyed dozens of them this summer as well. Sounds like you guys had a fun day.

Gwen+Rans said...

You are so artistic! Wow!

jen said...

We are so grateful that you enjoyed them. They were sure a treat for us this summer but the best part was getting to share them with people we love! :)