Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tie Dye


Caleb has wanted to tie dye, since he saw an episode on sesame street in Jamaica with a family all making different colorful shirts. So, we bought a kit and tried it, it was a lot of fun and not too messy since we did it outside on the grass. In high school, I made a few of these shirts with some of my granola friends, my favorite tie dye shirt was a batik (wax so the dye won't color your design) star on the front for a friend's student body campaign, her name was Starr. I have pictures of myself hiking etc., wearing a tie dye shirt. I still wear one occasionally that was a marathon shirt that I can't part with, because it is my proof that I did actually run in a marathon. My fashion sense has changed quite a bit since then, thank goodness.

6 comments:

Jayci said...

That's such a fun activity! You're such a good mom!

Kari said...

Are you sure this wasn't a big mess? I can just see the dye all over my house, even if we did it outside. I love that you have "granola" friends! LOL
kar

Nate and Karen said...

I remember the tie dye shirts too. Didn't we make some for a dance once or something like that? Your boys sure do look cute! I sure am glad that our fashion sense has changes from those days.

Anonymous said...

How cool! Looks like a lot of fun - the shirts turned out awesome.

Anonymous said...

Was I one of your granola friends?

Unknown said...

I don't know, who wrote that? I say "granola friends" with great admiration and love.