Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dreams of Summer

We took these pictures last summer on July 4th and I just recently got them developed, with the film camera. I like how film turns out better than digital.
It is easy to forget the good in each season. During the winter I wish it was warm so we could be playing outdoors all the time and during the summer it gets so hot, I wish it was cold so we could go skiing. But I love living in place that has all four seasons. I love every season, I am trying to remind myself of that as we endure the continuing cold. There is great beauty skiing in the silent snow landscape as a family or seeing the frost on the trees and icicles hanging from the house.
We are missing Matt too, he is at a range conference in Louisville, Kentucky with BYU. Caleb secretly sleeps with a framed photo of him and his Dad. He would be embarassed if anyone knew so, shhhh. I am glad my boys love their Dad so much. We are so lucky to have him.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Your family is so cute!! It is so much fun reading what you've been up to. We are in Philly where Isaac is getting his PhD in biomedical engineering- we're here for the long haul! I saw that your hubby is getting his PhD too, what brainiacs we married! How is your family? Especially Ann, Gwen, Rob, Angela... gosh, all of 'em!

Gwen+Rans said...

Hey Kate!
You are the cutest mom ever! I love you!

Lael said...

That is so cute about Caleb sleeping with the photo. If only he knew how much stuff like that endears him to folks, he wouldn't be embarrassed! I am Aching for spring as well.

Adventure Slavens said...

So, I disagree- as much as I love snowboarding and snowshoeing- I could totally do without it. Give me the sun and warmth any day! (I guess I am a little bitter about winter since the sun doesn't shine for six months in upstate New York!!)