Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple



We were able to go to the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple it is open to the public before it is dedicated. The name is after the mountain range to the West of the temple. The mountains take their name from a Goshute Indian word meaning “wooded mountain.” It also means something else in another tribal language but I can't remember what it was. The architecture is unique with very open areas and glass separating rooms instead of walls. The glass that faced outdoors had these beautiful stars in them, and there are mountainous murals on some of the walls. It is beautiful. I am glad I was able to take my children inside. I am grateful for temples and that Matt and I were able to married in the Manti temple. You can click here to get to the open house ticket site, or here to learn more about temples.

1 comment:

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

Beautiful Temple, for sure! I love how much the "stick out"; we can always find them before we even know we're near one it seems! Glad you guys got to partake of the Open House