Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Caleb!




We were in Mayfield for Caleb's birthday. I can't believe he is 7! The highlight for him was going swimming with awesome Uncle Trevor and eating at Roy's Pizza. He opened some fun legos, and a remote helicopter, and I found a neat book called Caleb's Creed, which talks about Caleb in the bible. Caleb wasn't too thrilled but I thought we could read it together. He said he wanted the chocolate cake shaped like a circle (this is a famous cake recipe in our ward first introduced to us by the Madsen's), I didn't have the recipe with me so thanks to my friends, you know who you are, I was able to get it.

In other news: Trevor got his mission call to Oklahoma!! We love Trevor and I appreciate his wonderful example to the boys, he is such an outstanding person.

Dear Caleb,

What can I say to such a wonderful boy. Wow, you have really grown up this year. You are so good at reading and math, and you are learning to play so many sports so well. Your computer knowledge will be surpassing mine shortly I'm afraid. What a smarty. I appreciate the way you help me with Luke and Cora and the way you help around the house and how well you do your chores. Your Dad said you helped him all day in the field and kept asking "What can I do next." That shows you are becoming responsible and capable. I love you and remember your birth day is a special one for your Mom and Dad. We are blessed to have you.

I love you.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Jayci said...

I totally saw the ballet number and I totally thought of you! I think of you every time I see anything ballet :)

Thanks for posting about Trevor! I'm so excited for him! (This is probably weird, but I've been checking the online Sanpete Messenger every week to make sure I don't miss seeing his mission call announcement & miss seeing what he's up to. Pathetic, I know.)

Lastly, I cannot believe Caleb is 7! I serioulsy remember the day he was born (granted I was still at SUU going to summer school) but it'd crazy that it's been so long. & I can't believe that he'll be getting baptized in just 1 year.

Wow. Living in the moment is so important now because the moments pass so quickly and are all so special.

I love you all.

Jayci

Jayci said...

Did u see the " modern ballet" on SYTUCDance last night?I hope u did! - it was beautiful!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Caleb! I love you lots!!