We brought a load of corn down to the Mayfield 24th celebration from Harward Farms. We love the small town celebration, the parade, the games for kids, the dime toss finds (odd dishes and stuffed animals they win), the good food, good music, the auction and most of all good company. We were so lucky this year to get one of Aunt Margaret's quilts for baby Cora. David wasn't at the auction, so Grandpa Jack won the bid, and Cora has a beautiful treasure. The quilt work is so precise and every corner matches perfectly, the binding is really unique and beautiful adding all of the fabrics. The quilt is so feminine and we love it Aunt Margaret. Thank you Margaret for making it donating it to the auction and David and Debra for buying it.
This reminded me of a beautiful quote by beautiful Aunt Michelle
"Our lives are pieced together. There will be quilts along the way to tell our story."
"Our lives are pieced together. There will be quilts along the way to tell our story."
And the day got even better when we took Matt's parents boat out to Gunnison Reservoir (thank you Debra for tending Cora). It was a day of firsts. The first time Caleb moved from side to side skiing, the first time I got up skiing in a LONG time, the first time Uncle Trev landed a back flip on the wakeboard, and the first time Matt tried wakeboarding. I was not going to do anything but sit in the boat and watch, but Matt made me try and I am always glad afterwards. I guess what made me jump in was when he said "you need to set an example to the boys. " It was a beautiful overcast evening, I love sitting in the boat and enjyoying each other's company listening to music and relaxing.
(check out our youtube posts below)
4 comments:
Did you see Felicia ??? HMM I did not see her for any of our family activities ... maybe next time. Glad you had a good 24th... It was not so HOT for me.. got barfed on had to leave the parade early and that just put a damper on the day... had a fun pool party on the 25th that made up for the barf. Hope you have a good barf free day!!
We got a huge kick out of those You Tube videos! Me and my boys are sitting here watching them. Ican't believe that is Caleb! He sure comes out of his shell when he's spider man huh? And Cora laughing is soooo cute! I don't know which was funnier, Cora or the noises your boys were making.
That quilt is amazing and the picture with Cora on the quilt is adorable!
Looks like absolutely too much fun out on the lake!
How fun! What a beautiful quit and that little girl is getting prettier every time I see her.
Way to go on the skiing - very good example.
Post a Comment