Caleb in the water
This was Luke's first year of swimming lessons and Caleb's second. In high school I did a little teaching of swimming, so I usually just work with them with getting comfortable in the water and teaching the basics. But I thought since Caleb was doing lessons Luke would want to as well. Luke is not afraid of the water he is afraid of new people. Once he is in the pool he is fine, but on Friday an older guy who was some sort of boss, got after Luke because he hadn't joined his class yet because he was getting used to the water, so he started to cry and felt scared again. I was frustrated because the teacher didn't even acknowledge him at first to get into the water. I relayed to the teacher why he was tearful after the lesson and she said "Oh that's my Dad he can be kind of intimidating." I seems like this is making more afraid of swimming instead of less afraid, I am hoping next week will be better. Caleb loves swimming lessons and seems to go the extra mile.
No comments:
Post a Comment