Friday, April 10, 2009

WICKED



Rebecca, Margaret, Gwen

WICKED!
Yes, I was a little wicked, ditched my family and went to the Broadway hit, it was amazing! This was the first Broadway show I have been able to go to. I loved going downtown and feeling the excitement of everyone going into Capitol Theatre. Elphaba was especially good, at age 8 she played the role of Young Cosette in the original Broadway cast of Les Miserables. I first heard some of the music when I worked at Center for Change and was really touched by the song "For Good" and when I learned more about the play I thought it sounded interesting. I really enjoyed the music and the story line is so creative how it ties into The Wizard of Oz. Great show! It was so fun to get out and do something and I had great company with my Mom and sister Gwen. Matt's mom Debra watched the kids which was a huge relief knowing they were in good hands.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm so glad you three got to go.

Nate and Karen said...

That sounds like so much fun! Broadway shows are amazing. One day we will have to go to NYC together.

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

Did you and Matt ever go to any of the shows in Logan? Not that they'd compare to Broadway, but they were still a lot of fun! Anyway, glad you got an afternoon reprieve in!

Wetzel Family said...

I am sooooo jealous!! How fun! I am glad you could find some time for a night out. I don't know anything about Wicked, you make me want to find out more about it. Glad you could have fun!!!:0)