Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Caleb, Matt and Luke
Lava Lamp
Matt, Trev, Caleb, David, Luke

Matt turned the big 3...1..., he is now officially "in his thirties." Matt woke up to a decorated living room with balloons, crepe paper, and sign. Caleb got up early and looked on the internet on how to make a homemade lava lamp and got it all done and wrapped to surprise Matt with. Luke and Caleb made some cards. I got Matt the movie Australia, we loved this movie, we went to this movie together and was probably our last date night before the baby was born. When we walked out of the theater we were both speechless...Matt said it was probably the best movie he has ever seen. Matt's parents drove up for some shrimp and instead of cake we had fruit pizza (one of Matt's favorites) but with sugar cookies instead.

Matt is amazing! We are so grateful for him in our lives. He is so capable, he has worked so hard in his educational career but also keeping his family life in balance. We may be in an "economic crisis" but I am not worried because Matt will be able to support us no matter what comes our way (wasn't conference encouraging!). I am so grateful for his love and support and so glad I can call him my best friend. I am so happy I got to marry my first love.

4 comments:

Nate and Karen said...

The big 31! Happy birthday Matt.

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

Matt can't be that old, because that means I'm getting old too and that's no good!

Happy Birthday, anyway, Matt!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Matt-e-o! Caleb MADE a lava lamp? Such talent! That kids going to invent something that will make him insanely rich someday!

Gretchie Love said...

Happy Birthday Matt !!