Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Murray had a little lamb

Luke and Isaac with the Liger

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Luke is growing up more every day. The other day he was singing "Murray had a little lamb" and I asked him if he meant "Mary" and he said "No, Murray" and continued on his singing, then yesterday I realized when he was watching Sesame Street they were singing a rap version of the tune and it was Murray had a little lamb...there is also is a "Preschool Musical" song (like High School Musical) and Luke wanted to join that cool preschool. Speaking of preschool, today we went to the Monte L. Bean museum at BYU with Luke's playschool. There are eight kids and 4 Moms who take turns teaching once a week for an hour and a half. We set goals at the beginning of the year and try to follow a similar format for learning, socializing, and literacy which I think the kids enjoy, and I might add they are such cute little ones. This month was my month and we focused on the fives senses, so I decided we were due for a field trip to enrich the senses and because I am getting really pregnant and wasn't sure how I would be feeling at this point in time. I scheduled a live reptile show that was amazing! They learned first about reptiles and how they are different from us, and then they got to see a turtle, lizard and snake. Luke touched them but wouldn't touch them long enough to catch him in a photo. It was great to get out and learn something.

Luke in the green, with some of th kids in playschool


Kaiyah and Luke




Funny story about the Bean museum:
Last Saturday, Grandpa David, Grandma Debra and Trevor came up here to visit. Matt had wanted David to see the Bean museum because David is really into hunting and has hunted in Africa, and if you are from here you know the Bean Museum is full of (dead taxidermied) animals from all over the world. Trev is Matt's youngest brother who is 18 years old and had other things to do (which involved friends and girls) besides go to the BEAN (thinking they meant pinto, lima, kidney, jelly bean) museum. Matt's parents played it up the whole drive up here and Debra said he said something like "What is wrong with Matt why would he want to go to a museum full of BEANS." David told me about it when Trev was outside with the boys saying "he thinks it is a pinto bean museum" and I laughed so hard..it was hilarious, on the way over to go to lunch, the truth finally came out and Caleb was sitting right next to Trev and said "The museum does not have kidney beans in it." We made all kinds of jokes about it and it's a good thing Trev is used to being teased, he was a great sport. Trevor is so awesome, we absolutely adore him and the boys think he is the coolest thing around. Debra and I did some baby girl shopping which was so much fun! There are just so many cute things out there for girls! The boys also went bowling at BYU. We had so much fun we love when they come to visit.

Trev


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lima bean, lima bean - where oh where has lima been?

Good post Kate! I enjoyed it.

Kerri said...

It's wierd that people call you Kate. You are a Rebecca to me! I love all of those cute things your kids say!

sherbugs said...

Thank you so much for putting the field trip together! We had such a wonderful time and I am always so impressed with the presenters. I've seen the reptile show a few times, yet each time I learn something new. I thought you might have talked to the presenter before hand about the five senses because she seemed to reinforce so many ideas...how perfect was that?!?! Thanks again for all the fun and learning!

Anonymous said...

The Bean museum looks AWESOME - Emma would just love it!!! Sounds like you have a really great preschool group. We are looking and hoping to find a good preschool for Emma for next year. Wish we were in Utah - everyone is so much nicer and cleaner.