Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stewart Falls

Lately Matt has been wondering why I like to blog, after viewing last weeks blog, he was amazed to see his shoes on there and surprised that people comment! I figure this is a way I can journal, to remember our lives and to keep in touch with family and friends. Saturday we went up to Sundance and rode the ski lift up and hiked about a mile and half to Stewart Falls. The ride up was amazing! It was so beautiful and green up there, and very shady and cool at the falls but the story does not end there...we joked on the trail home the fitting nature of the name of our hike because we ALL fell down at least once, Caleb several times and Matt fell one hard time. Matt seriously is quite the coordinated guy so I was a little surprised, one moment Matt was posing for a picture with the boys standing on a wet log next to the waterfall and the next he was on his back! I had time to snap a picture thinking of how good that action shot would look before attending to the needs of my family! Matt said "you must be addicted to blogging if you take a picture, before helping me." Whoops! To Matt's credit, he landed really hard so as not to harm the boys. So I hope ya'll enjoy the pain and suffering that went into this blog post. We did have a good conversation about dealing with falls and being able to get back up, the boys were cheerful again by the end of the hike. One more thing, I am not sure if we were witnessing some special one day hatching of caterpillars or what but they were everywhere! At first it we were all so excited to see them but by the end of the hike, they were dropping from trees by their webs and were falling on us. We found some on us after we got in the car and even when we got home, we found one on the couch!

Riding the Lift
Giant LOG
Stewart Falls

The Fall
Battle WoundTough Boys
check out the cool colors

6 comments:

Jayci said...

You guys always do the coolest and funnest things! But it great 'cause it gives me ideas of what to do - especially around here! I'm glad everyone came away from the hike okay and that there were only minor injuries! The boys are getting so big! They're as cute as ever! Did Caleb want to keep any of the catepillars for his collection he used to have? Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is the most beautiful waterfall! I'm amazed I'd never even heard of it before! That's great that you all got to get up there.

Matt, your fall reminded me of the spill you took in a creek somewhere around False Island. I remember vividly some very interesting verbiage coming from you which I thought was very "creative." You remember that summer spending every evening reading those GRE prep books? Good times, huh?!

Oh yeah and blogging is sooooo much fun. It take a bit of time, but gives you a great excuse to share everything you do with friends and family. For us it's really meaningful since our family all lives a million miles away.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Unknown said...

Ohhh - poor Mateo. What a good daddy - sacrificing his back to save his boys. I LOVE your little family to pieces! You are all amazing.

XOXO - Ang

alison said...

Ha! I feel like I have to pay Andy to read my blog. That's very funny about the blog before the injury. Girl, you've got your priorities straight!

I read a blog the other day where she said her family always makes a B with their hands when she takes a picture of them. B for blog, they know she is taking the picture to put her blog.

Kari said...

What a neat place, you guys always know where the "hot" spots are. I had to laugh about your love for blogging and helping your husband AFTER you took a picture. I have become just like that too. I feel the same way about blogging as you do, like a journal we can look back at someday. There are some neat sites where you can print your blog off into a book.
kari

jen said...

All good bloggers think of grabbing the camera before the moment is passed. :) Good job. :) Sorry about Matt's fall though. :)