Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I am grateful to all of the Father's in our lives. Yesterday we went to Mayfield to church, and one thing that I appreciated was when one speaker talked about how there are many father's in our lives that help shape and direct us in our lives. It really hit home to me because I feel that even though my own father died when I was 7 years old, I have had many wonderful people in my life that have been there for me along my path of life. My grandfathers Glen J. Nielson and Joseph Berry Allen such dear individuals who taught me so much. My brothers especially took over and were always filling in "Dad" situations and just being so good to me. Another father in my life was Karen's Dad, Richard, he always made me feel welcome and a part of their family, taking me on vacations, and even letting me live with them. I love these people. I do remember my Dad and appreciate the time I had with him and love him with all of my heart. My Father in law David, has always been so generous and kind to me even before Matt and I were married. I remember I went to say good bye to David and Debra before I went to Guatemala to volunteer and David gave me a 100 dollar bill, which he must have known I didn't have much money to my name being a college student. David is an amazing grandfather, and it is obvious how much he loves his grandchildren. I really love and admire him.

Last, I want to write about Matt and thank him for what a great father he is to our boys. They are so blessed to have a dad who is concerned about and involved in their lives. We love being together as a family and that is our greatest goal to be together and grow together. We gave Matt a new pair of his favorite shoes, as you can see he definitely needed a new pair!


5 comments:

alison said...

So is Matt going to throw away those old shoes? I could see Andy keeping both pairs. Nice Father's Day tribute! That was nice of David to give you $100. Great family!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that Kate. I love you! That's so cute about Matt's shoes - he loves them. He can keep the old ones for camping.

Anonymous said...

What a nice father's day post! What a wonderful family you have. And what a perfect father's day gift. Matt's new shoes look so comfortable - Merrell's are the best!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I love that picture! Glad that Matt could get a new pair of shoes. It was nice seeing you over the weekend. We're glad you're part of our family. :)

Rob & Autum said...

I tagged Matt. 100 Things about himself.
-Rob