Monday, June 16, 2008

Allen's

We had a great weekend with my family. We get together once a year for a "reunion" in memory of our Dad Carvel Allen, I have 9 brothers and sisters (5 sisters and 4 brothers) and there are 17 grandkids. Matt and I were in charge of this year's gathering, so we went to the Madsen cabin, where we spent our time hiking, riding four wheelers, treasure hunting, sitting by the camp fire, and of course eating good food. I love my family, they are so fun to talk to and to joke around with, I feel so grateful for this time and my love for them has grown. The cousins found some horny toads, Carvel (my nephew) is the expert on reptiles and explained how to take care of them, we even took one home. It didn't last too long, after Matt printed out some instructions on how to take care of it, he put it in the sun to "bask" and it didn't make it, the cause of death was probably due to many other factors, that was just the last straw. Caleb and Luke had so much fun building friendships with their cousins exploring the outdoors.


The ALLEN Family
(top) Gwen, Rob, Autum, Carter, John, Anna, Ang, Mom, Shirley, Ann
Kirk, Katie, Rebecca Matt, Joey, Mardee, Spencer
Carly, Elizabeth, Ali, Sam, Carvel, Isaac
Caleb, Luke, Drew, Emma, Megan, Savanah, Gracie, Emily, Elise

Matt, Rebecca, Caleb, Luke


Riding Rob's new dirt bike

Hiking Crew

Cousin Treasure Hunt

They Found It!

Matt and Luke

Cousins Resting

Carvel and the Horny Toad

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara said...

I loved looking at these pictures- it has been so long since I've seen your family! What a good lookin' group :)

Unknown said...

Why do I always look so stupid in the family cabin picture? ARGH! CUTE pictures tho. I had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all have a nice family gathering. Looks like so much fun!
We love the pictures.

JM Williams Family said...

What a fun weekend! It looks like you had a great time. I love being able to keep up with what's going on in your family!

Nat