Going for a walk
Really sad...a lot of poking, including and IV
Feeling a little better
Enjoying the toys given to him by kind family membersLuke has been under the weather for sure. He got sick with vomiting a week ago Sunday, and every day I kept thinking he would get better, but he got worse, so on Friday morning I took him to see his Doctor, and he decided to hospitalize Luke to help him get more fluids in his body to help him kick this nasty virus. So we went in and I had a very difficult time watching him get the IV and blood draws but I survived, Matt showed up later, and ended up staying with Luke during the night since I had worked a graveyard shift the previous night. Luke improved a ton the next day and we were able to go home Saturday afternoon. He is doing better every day. Today I took him in again for his follow up visit and found out it was adeno-virus (I am not sure how to spell it). Which is a form of tonsilitis, which can have symptoms of vomiting etc. Luke is happier and playing more with toys and eating more, yeah. We are glad it is only a virus and are grateful that the rest of us did not catch it. We will be laying low for a little while, so we don't pick anything else up. Luke is quite a trooper, he was so brave and cooperative. However, when the nurses were trying to find his his veins, he would yell "stop doctor, that hurts" and "I feelin better!" Thanks for the support of our family we appreciate it so much.
5 comments:
poor little kiddo!
Glad Luke is feeling better and that it was nothing too serious.
That sad little boy, I hope he rebounds quick! Nothing is sadder than a sick kid. Especially a cute one like Luke.
awww...poor sweet Luke! he reminds me so much of his grandpa, and again here with his sickness: so brave, patient, and not going to complain :) i'm soo glad that he is feeling better. sorry for you and matt to have to take him to the hospital...one of my scariest moments; definitely, taking carsten to the hospital after seizures. luvs to you all!
Oh, I remember the trauma of IVs from Owen's hospital visit! Owen was so dehydrated they had to poke 3 times to get a vein. It is so painful for us moms too! I'm glad he's feeling better!
Post a Comment