




We are so excited to get a piano!! A year ago my mom's house burned down in Ephraim. It was considered a total lost by all of the smoke and fire damage. They were able to save valuables such as pictures and a few other things. They had good insurance that replaced their furniture including their piano. During the summer a piano technician (Jim Busby) contacted my Mom about trying to salvage the piano. He had a friend in Washington that did a similar thing, so he and his wife wanted to give it a try. Turns out it is a lot more work than he really would like because he is very busy. Mr. Busby said because it is YAMAHA he felt it would be worth the effort and it was! Eventually it may need the base strings replaced but to me it is absolutely amazing he was able to get it to look and sound as good as it does!! Mr. Busby is such a great guy, Matt actually took guitar from him at Snow College. So becuase my Mom had already purchased a new piano she said if we paid for the repair we could have it, which ended up being only $400. Which is absolutely an amazing price to have a piano. I have been really wanting to get Caleb started in piano and there is no way we could have afforded a piano at this stage in our lives. It has been such a special little blessing. The piano also has special sentimental meaning for me because my Dad really loved to play the piano and I can remember him playing this piano, one of the few memories I have of him, being that I was seven years old when he passed away.
A very big thank you goes out to Matt's Dad, Mike and Trevor who helped us move it to our home we could not have done it without them. We could not be happier...
6 comments:
Your piano is BEAUTIFUL! I,too, find the piano restoration story a miracle. What joy it will be to you in the years to come. We ask special blessings to be on Jim Busby and his sweet wife who worked tirelessly to bring that precious memory maker back to life.
Mom
I am truly happy for you. I can understand how thankful you might be for a piano.
John
What a beautiful piano! So glad you were able to restore it. Love the pictures!
wow, what a great post. i feel so out of it about your mom's house fire. i am soo sorry. it's truly an experience where you realize what is most important in your life & what you really care to fix. the piano was definitely a jewel...especially with the memories of your father. thx for sharing. soo happy for you guys. there's nothing like music in the home :). luvs!
BECKY! Hi!! I am sitting at home today (needed a little R&R) and decided to google search MANTI in blogs- and I found yours. Wow!! What a beautiful family you have! I didn't know your mom's house burned down, I am so glad you were able to restore the piano. What a wonderful thing. I need to bookmark your blog so we can stay in touch! Say HI to your family for me!!
Love, Sara "Price"
holy cow! becky allen! how are you? it's been a long time. sara told me she found you on here and i thought i'd drop by and say hi. so,.. HI! your mom's house burnt down!? the one in ephraim just down the street from our old house? i hope no one was hurt? hope you don't mind but i'm going to put a link to your blog on mine. anywho, hope to hear back from you.
dan price
Post a Comment