Caleb told me there was an apricot tree in the backyard, you know how you kind of hear what they are saying but don't totally register it in your mind. Later, we were outside and I looked at the tree and yes, we have apricots! Caleb was like "Mom I told you there were apricots!" I think apricots are so beautiful on the tree. We got a little ambitious and picked too many that are not quite ready, and dried a some, but I think we need a little more patience to let them get ripe and ready.
I was thinking of making fruit leather, and jam, and drying some...Does anyone have any good tips on what do to with apricots?
I posted on my family blog about our trip to the Steens and more kiddo pictures...
3 comments:
our apricot tree was ripe a few weeks ago and over loaded. I made lots and lots of fruitleather. My family loves it and it is gone before the end of the summer. I just add water or juice and karosyrup to get a good consistency and then put it on plastic wrap in the dehydrater.
I keep forgetting to put my e-mail on here- supergirllp(at)hotmail.com
I'd love to see your blog.
I remember my grandma had apricot trees when I was growing up. My mom made a lot of freezer jam with them as far as I remember :)
Maybe you could dehydrate some pieces and make granola or trail mix to put it in?
I just made apricot chutney (a spicy relish that goes on meat) and canned it. It is HEAVENLY, if you like a little bit of spice.
Post a Comment