Thursday, April 22, 2010

Color Festival





Matt was working and I wanted to do something with the kids so I decided to take the kids to the "Festival of Colors" which is sponsored by the Hare Krishna in Spanish Fork. I have been curious about this event and since we were leaving wanted to take the opportunity to learn more. In hindsight I think this event was not as family oriented as I had thought. It was mostly high school or college age students going for something to do. But it was kind of cool to see all of the color floating in the air. And to hear the music being played. I was disappointed with the disrespect that some of the visitors had toward their temple. I saw one guy sitting on this large stone statue with his arm in the air, mimicking a bucking bronco ride. Because there is such a large turnout they had two times for the festival. It was a mild form of what I would imagine Woodstock to be like. We didn't get too much paint on us, some people were covered from head to toe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go but then again - I think I'll pass on all the h.s. and college kids. Cute kids!