Friday, March 26, 2010

Sisters

My sisters are the best. We got together for dinner before we make the big move to Oregon. They even gave me some nice jewelry. I am so excited for the new adventure, but I am really going to miss seeing my sisters and hanging out with them on a regular basis. I am so glad we can be such good friends. Being away from family is the only thing holding me back from being totally excited about moving.

Update on the move.
We went to Burns and looked at homes and we found one home we really liked and put an offer on it, but we felt the seller had their price too high. So we weren't able to meet in the middle. Our Realtor was able to find us an awesome rental that is 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I hate to rent, but I think this will give us time to get a feel for the area and continue looking for homes, or we are now seriously thinking about building a home, with the price of materials being low. At least we have a place to move to. We close on our home here on April 7th and we plan on taking off that day for Oregon. Matt's brother Mike has offered to pull his friends trailer with his truck to Oregon, so we don't even have to rent a U-Haul. We appreciate that so much. I have been collecting boxes and I really need to start packing, but I don't want start too early and pack up things we need. I guess I will start with home decor and go from there. We are getting ready for our new adventure with anticipation and excitement and a little anxiety.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You will be so missed but what an experience! You'll love your new adventure. Love you!

Kari said...

What an exciting time for you and your family. I love to keep up with your blog and see those sweet kiddos growing up. Good luck with everything coming up!

Perschon Family said...

Wow! You have a lot of exciting changes happening right now!!! I can imagine how leaving your sisters would be hard for you...I love how you guys are all so close!! I think your adventure sounds so fun!

I hope everything goes smoothly with your move!!!

How nice that your mom was able to spend time with your kids before you move! Grandma time is the best! (and yes, your mom is so cute!! i've always thought the world of her)

and i love that you got to take a little vacation before you move! how fun!

good luck with everything!!

Kerri said...

I haven't been to your blog in a few weeks and I didn't knwo you had sold your house! Good for you. That msut ease a lot of worries for you guys. You are leaving so soon! We will miss you for sure, but wish you the best and I will keep reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi luvly Becky, I'm going to miss you all soo much! Soo happy about your house and excited for your new adventure. luvs luvs luvs, trina

Jordan said...

Didn't realize you had sold your house already! What a blessing! Can't wait to see what Burns has in store for you! Best of luck with the move!