Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweet Home For Sale
















Our home, the place we have loved, cried, laughed, danced, worked, and grown, is for sale. I was looking at home listings on the internet, and realized how statistical and impersonal they are. If you look at our listing, you may see just under one thousand square feet and one hundred years old. You may pass by our gem, and miss this historic home. Yes, it has been remodeled with all of current amenities; central air, new cabinetry, new flooring, plumbing, electrical, automatic sprinkler system. But it still has the beautiful charm and character of elevated ceilings, arched doorways, old door knobs, built in cabinetry that makes a home have its own personality. When I walked through the home for the first time, I fell in love with the new yet old feel. I love the unique nature of my home, it is not like every cookie cutter home being built together in mass production. My home is also "Ruby's home" according to my sweet elderly neighbor sisters who lived next door to each other and raised their families together. She was their Aunt. I didn't know Ruby, but I like her. I like the home she had built for her. It is warm, inviting and it has been our first home, which we will always have a special place in our hearts for. I can imagine this home perfect for a couple just married wanting to buy their first "starter" home, or a sweet lady who wants to live close to her children and have the convenience of downtown. I know whomever buys this home will love it, like we have.
Please help us spread the word.

4 comments:

Heidi Madsen said...

What a darling and cozy home! I am sure it will sell quickly. Good luck with all the moving prepatations!

La La La Leah said...

sniff sniff.... We are still broken up. =( I love your little house!! I wish it was sell so you could live closer to me. Stupid Oregon.

Ann said...

What an adorable house. I love the lemon wreath.

Nate and Karen said...

I am so sad that you guys are moving, but I am excited that you are moving on to bigger and better things! We will miss you! Love you!