Monday, January 11, 2010
Exciting News!
I wanted to post some exciting news and realized this is my 200th post! What a great way to celebrate and let our family and friends know that Matt got a job in Burns, Oregon as a research scientist with the Agricultural Research Service. This seriously is his dream job. The job description sounded like they read up on what Matt has been studying for the last three years and made it just for him. He will continue doing seed re-establishment after fire and with western rangelands. We don't have a for sure start date, because Matt needs to finish up some studies at BYU but we are thinking this spring sometime. We feel the hand of the Lord in this process and are so grateful! It is all kind of overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I need to get my house ready to sell, clean out stuff, maybe have another yard sale, look for a new house...lots to do! It definitely is bitter-sweet, I am excited for a new adventure but sad to leave our extended family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congrats on the new job!!! You'll only be about 2 - 2 1/2 hours from us. Not real close, but, if you ever want to stop by,let us know. We're in Middleton, Id. Good luck with everything!!
CONGRATULATIONS Matt! And of course to you too, the wife. Behind every good man is a good wife (most of the time). Oregon is SO beautiful. This is so exciting! Be sure to tell him we are very happy for the two of you and your family!
Oh my gosh!! So exciting! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!! That's the one you wanted most right?! You will love it there! It is perfect for your family!! And there will be plenty of new friends and adventures awaiting you there. We support you guys 100% and are behind you all the way! Way to go!
Tell Matt Congrats!!! That is so exciting but we will miss you all terribly - we really do need to hang out more before you guys go :)
Congratulations! Dan just told me the good news today and I was excited to see your post about it! :) I can't believe you guys are leaving and that you are really starting out in life now! What fun! You guys deserve it :)
WOW!!! That's so great. I'm so happy for you guys. Can you even believe it's happening after all this time? Isn't it wonderful! Jeff and I always talk about Oregon as one of our dream places to live. Maybe someday we'll make our way there. Let us know if you see any good plots of land for us.
Congrats on the job and 200th post! We'll definitely have to stop over for a visit when you get moved in. For that matter, if you need help moving in, let us know! We're always looking for an excuse to travel!
Congratulaions even though you will be greatly missed. You are such a good beehive advisor and give wonderful lessons!
That is wonderful news! How fun for your family...you will love Oregon. We have a soft spot for the Northwest!! You will surely be missed here, though.
That is so exciting, any place that employs Matt is lucky to have him. What do you know about Burns? Is is the green part of Oregon, or the flat part? Is there a ward there? Outdoor stuff? What an adventure!
Hooray! Such exciting news...sure was wishing he found something in WY though! :) Be sure to send us your new address and info so we can stay in touch!
Kate - I'm so excited for you guys! It all sounds like it is right up your alley!
How awesome. It is so great when guys find a dream job. Budd is looking at going back to school to pursue something he would enjoy. I know you will be busy getting ready to move, but i would really love to get together before you go if it is possible.
I just wanted to say "YAY!". That's so awesome that Matt has found a job that's just what he wanted. I love how you guys always seem up for new adventures and letting life take you to new and exciting places. I've always admired that about you. Good luck with all of the adventures ahead. Wow - you are gonna have some people MISSING YOU!
Post a Comment