Saturday, January 2, 2010

Allen Christmas Party








Gwen enjoying her Snuggie...at our house growing up, that name is what we called it when one brother pulled other brothers underwear up....

I love the Allen party! We had a yummy lunch with so many good soups to choose we sampled them all. My favorite part was the all of the grandkids acted out the nativity, Caleb was Joseph, Luke was a "leopard" (or shepherd) and Cora was baby Jesus.
I loved:
  • the sweet angels dancing in the background and
  • Caleb honking his staff (it was a white elephant gift with a horn on a cane that doubled for the staff)
  • Uncle Evan as the great donkey and
  • the sweet little voices singing the songs.
We had the traditional pinata which Luke and Caleb showed no mercy. The kids loved the gift exchange, and Angela and Jeff gave Matt and I a much needed dated night out to the Quarry a rock climbing gym. And our optional white elephant which always gets things going, especially when there is one coveted item in the mix (Ahem...brand new swiss watch). I enjoyed watching the kids interact and play together. What fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a good party!!