Monday, September 21, 2009

live music

Being Shy
Cora with her favorite blanket and Mom

On Saturday evening we walked over to the Harvest Moon Hurrah to hear some free live music by Nancy Hanson and Peter Breinholt. I love live music, it makes me feel young. That may sound weird but live music sounds so much better. I especially love being outside and feeling the music in the night air. Peter Breinholt was popular when I was a teenager here in Utah (Amy Baker if you read this, I can't hear Peter Breinholt's name and not think of you:), I like his music but my one criticism is that he starts sounding the same. I remember him looking taller and younger, I guess at least 10 years have gone by. On the "You Wore Flowers" song he invited the kids to come up and dance, Luke wanted to so I walked him up there and we danced together (once he was up there he danced for a minute then just stopped mid-dance and felt shy), anyway Breinholt commented "this is what your parents would call a mosh pit but now that they had you they don't do it anymore." It brought back a lot of memories of being younger. I saw Nancy K. from our ward and she said Peter B. performed while she was at EFY and all of her friends were trying to sing his songs on the way home. So cute. As we were walking away to leave, I asked Matt if we could stay for one more song. The last song we listened to was a duet by the two of them "Grow Old With Me." We stood together with our little family in the dark listening to that beautiful song about having a life with someone. Do you have a favorite live music experience?

Grow Old With Me
Originally by John Lennon

Grow old with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one

God bless our love
God bless our love

Grow old along with me
Two branches of one tree
Bless the setting sun
When the day is done

God bless our love
God bless our love

Spending our lives together
Live and die together
World without end
World without end

Grow old along with me
Whatever fate will be
We will see it through
For our love is true

God bless our love
God bless our love

God bless our love
God bless our love

4 comments:

Jonas, Dohnele and Emma said...

love the picture of you all as flowers!

Jennie said...

I remember Peter Brienholt...it has been awhile, though! Sounds like a very fun evening. I love the "Madwagon" airplane...I bet your boys are loving that as much as Matt!

Jordan said...

Oh, Rebecca...I miss you and your cute family! The boys are as adorable as ever and Cora is just beautiful! Wish we were still close for our girls to grow up and be friends!

Titus Fam said...

I LOVE that Peter Breinholt song. It is one of my favorites. I was listening to it just the other day. It would be awesome to hear it live with my husband and our kids in a park. I'm jealous!

We miss you guys. Cora and the boys are getting so big. Love, Em