Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School





o
It's back to school time. Caleb has great teachers this year! He has two: Mrs. B from Kindergarten and Mrs. K, they are good friends and have an organized warm environment. But he is a little disappointed to not have some of his friends from the last couple of years in his class. He has a few soccer friends in there so I am sure he will adjust.

Luke is part of a Mom co-op play school. We had our first field trip on Tuesday to the Thanksgiving Point gardens. It was a beautiful overcast day, and Christi made sure we learned some plants. The little ones fed the Koi, rolled down hills, went in the secret garden and enjoyed the giant waterfall. They boys even found a squished dead mouse...eek, one of them picked it up! Needless to say I whipped out the hand sanitizer. I am teaching for September and we are so excited for another great year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Caleb looks so grown up! I'm sure Luke will love being in school too.

Kari said...

What wonderful pictures. Thanksgiving Point is so beautiful. I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting, time just goes by too fast! Congrats to your sister on TWINS! That makes me a little jealous, I would totally do it again.

Here are some things I've learned with twins:
-two bouncers, one swing
-two bumbos (love these seats)
-No to the diaper genie yes to the diaper champ (takes regular kitchen bags)
-sleep them together as long as you can, they love it
-plan on a nicu stay because most twins are born early
-get blessings towards the end because it gets really uncomfortable and hard
-keep them on the same schedule as much as possible, when one wakes up to eat, feed that one and then get the other one up, especially at night time. This is a sanity saver especially in the first few months.
-accept help whenever you can because it is a lot of work
-I love the book the Multiples Manual, sweet and fun advice

Hope all is well with your sweet little family!
Kari

Anonymous said...

Ooo we'll have to meet up there some time too. :) Such a treasure to catch up with you and Matt a bit last night. Carsten hasn't stopped talking about Luke. Carl and I had a wonderful chat about Matt's great news and how blessings come. The grattitude in both of your eyes as you told your story warmed my heart. It couldn't have gone to a better seed luver! Thanks for being such special examples to us...how I wish we were closer...I'm looking for houses for you guys. :) luvs, trina

Elise said...

That would be fun to get together one of these days! I would love to meet your new little daughter! (I guess she's not so new any more).
I love the pictures from Thanksgiving Point :)