Thursday, August 20, 2009
Film Rant
I took my film to get developed at what I thought was a specialized photography store and when I got the photos back, I was disappointed, they just didn't look right, they looked pixelated. How could they pixelated if they are film? Well to my dismay, the owner of the store said that is how all film is processed in Utah. He claimed that I would not be able to find someone who would develop from film. Because currently they scan my film to digital and then charge me to put them on cd. I felt sad, I asked him "Doesn't that make you sad?" The quality is not the same! I am going to do more research on this. If anyone knows of a store that still develops 35 mm film the old fashioned way, let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry I don't know anybody that does it =( I am not big in to photography I think you may have to learn to do it yourself.
I find that really hard to believe that "nobody" will develop 35mm film. I would think that any place would still do it - including walmart. Just call around, because if they still sell 35mm film, someone still develops them. Be sure to keep your negatives so that you can get "reprints". Good luck!
I asked my brother in law who is an amazing photographer. He said to ask Replicolor in SLC.
Post a Comment