Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grandma Nielson turns 100

Great Grandma and Cora
On July 19th my grandma turned 100! That day is also my parents anniversary and my oldest sister's birthday (a year later). I love my grandma Nielson. I am so glad I got to grow up near her and learn from her. She was very particular in how she wanted things done, which taught me a lot, to appreciate history, beautiful dishes, families, flower and vegetable gardens. Grandma always listens and remembers things about my life and about Matt. I remember when I would be struggling as a teenager, I would go talk to her and she would listen and give a little advice but mostly listen. What a queen.

2 comments:

La La La Leah said...

Happy 100th Rebecca's Grandma! So neat!! That is pretty cool to live to 100. I hope you had a wonderful time together.

Kate said...

I cannot believe she is still going strong. How amazing is she. You look great and Cora is so darling! We are getting excited for our baby girl.