Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 BLAST OFF!



Because Monday was the 40th anniversary for the US landing on the moon. We sent off rockets for Family Home Evening. We had "moon" pizzas and crescent "moon" honey dew. I love watching my boys play and we also talked about how the earth was created and all nature denotes that there is a God. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork." -Psalms 19:1

Matt and I watched a documentary about the moon and the men who landed on it (only 12 have ever actually set foot on the moon), and I was so touched by Buzz Aldrin as he talked about that experience as his eyes moistened with tears about seeing the earth from the view of the moon. I can't imagine what that would be like.

2 comments:

Jayci said...

You are seriously the best little family ever. I don't know if I would have thought of that idea for FHE. Love it!

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

Definitely a great idea for FHE (or anytime for that matter). You really tied everything together! Current events, history, entertainment, education, fun...