Picture from Caleb and noteCaleb also glue-gunned a flower necklace together from some purple flowers in our yard
I like the way my mother cooksI like the way she plays with me and helps me
I like the way she smiles
I love my mother and she loves me
Flowers from my family(Matt picked them out individually and put the arrangement together, I love the lilies well the whole thing.)
This morning Cora had a diaper blow out and as I realized it was on her blanket, on my pants, shirt and all over her, Luke said "that is a dirty job." We tend to point out "dirty jobs" after watching a "boys" favorite at our house on the Discovery Channel "Dirty Jobs," so he was just pointing out the obvious. I was thinking how the job of motherhood can be a dirty job but it definitely has its benefits. Right after I cleaned up Cora she gave me this huge grin, melting my heart again. Sometimes when I feel my patience is hanging on by a thread the innocence of one of my children seems to snap me out of it (and sometimes the thread breaks). Or when I see others going on with career and the like while I spend my days in what seems to be monotony, and find times when I feel like a failure I catch glimpses of the importance of my job and how truly beautiful it is. I am grateful for the mother's in my life, the older I get the more grateful I am; I can say I love being a mother even if it is hard, and I want recommit to try not taking this time for granted.
A few quotes:
"Simple days bring simple joys."
-Emily Lawless
"The noblest calling in the world is motherhood. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions.
-David O. McKay`
"In seed time, learn; in harvest, teach; in winter, enjoy."
-William Blake
"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."
-Oprah Winfrey
"Children and mothers never truly part-Bound in the beating of each other's heart.
-Charlotte Gray
"Simple days bring simple joys."
-Emily Lawless
"The noblest calling in the world is motherhood. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions.
-David O. McKay`
"In seed time, learn; in harvest, teach; in winter, enjoy."
-William Blake
"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."
-Oprah Winfrey
"Children and mothers never truly part-Bound in the beating of each other's heart.
-Charlotte Gray


5 comments:
Precious words, thank you for sharing. Cora is totally gorgeous. What great photos of your kids too!
I love Defying Gravity from Wicked!
Kari
What a sweet, thoughtful family you have! Happy Mother's Day sis - you are an amazing mom!
I love this whole post! It just made my day. I completely agree with you. I too need to recommit to not take these moments for granted.
Hey there beautiful momma! So glad you had a love-filled day...you rock! And congrats on winning the momma sassy giveaway! How exciting. :) hugs, trina
Your boys (Matt included) are so sweet!
LOVE the picture of Cora in the grass. Such a pretty girl!
Post a Comment