Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Building the track
Caleb rolling the egg down
Lukey

Matt running down
The winner Trev number one!
Grandpa David and Caleb enjoying a little egg snack
Grandma Debra and Cora

I love Easter! We spent the day with Matt's family and enjoyed a wonderful meal, an Easter egg hunt with money, and an awesome tradition of rolling colored Easter eggs down the white hills behind their home. This is not just walk up the hill and roll them down, a track is made and then the eggs are sent down, and tested to see which one will make it all the way down. Trevor's egg that was not quite boiled all of the way and sprayed with construction paint won, with my pink egg in a close second. It is so beautiful and peaceful where Matt grew up. I love being outside in the quiet, hearing the birds and being away from the city.

But the Easter season is more to me then Easter eggs, I am grateful for this holiday to reflect on the Savior. In conference Jeffrey R. Holland spoke very tenderly on this subject.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a very nice Easter. Love you!

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

What a cool tradition! I've never heard of anyone else doing an egg roll before, but it looks like a ton of fun! And you're right - based on the pictures alone - that is some seriously beautiful country down there!

Jayci said...

What a beautiful sunset! You guys always capture awesome things with your camera. And seeing Debra with Cora...well...I bet she's just loving that little princess :) Love you!