Sunday, March 15, 2009

story time


Inspired by Matt's amazing cousin Trina, we decided to make our reading time more interesting and fun for Luke and I. One of the books we read was the book Too Many Toys by David Shannon and talked about how we really don't need all of the STUFF and TOYS we have, and sometimes we can have just as much fun with something as mundane as a cardboard box. We had fun painting our box and turning it into a space shuttle...Luke played in that box for quite a while and added his own creations to it as well.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Rebecca- I totally checked out the baby sling thing and it looks so cool. Thanks for letting me know about it. I love this post about too many toys. My kids have way too many and I would love to purge many of them.

I love the skiing post too! Tanner is loving skiing, we just need to get Sara out there now.

The family pictures are precious. Man I am so behind on your blog.

sherbugs said...

I MUST check out this book and see if inspiration hits. I'm so tired of toys, legos, dolls, etc running my home! Love the box idea and it looks like you guys had a great time :)

Unknown said...

He is such a creative little boy! Is that the same guy that wrote that "David" book we used to read to Neil?

Anonymous said...

Sound like you and Luke and a great day! I'll have to get that book - I would love to get more creative with Emma.

Hendrickson Family said...

Your new baby is so cute. I stumbled upon your blog and was excited to see it. Hope it's okay I've been looking. Oh by the way this is Jessica Jensen now Hendrickson. I added you to my blog. Hope thats alright.

Anonymous said...

What a fun kiddo daily delight! Thx so much for sharing. That book looks darling! I love David Shannon. Hugs to you all!

trina