Sunday, March 29, 2009

Corn Dog


I don't know if it is great or sad that my three year old can put a corn dog in the microwave all by himself...well usually...if you want to know what corn dog looks like after 9 MINUTES now you know, and too bad you can't smell a corn dog after 9 MINUTES!! Yes I was home and just in the other room and knew he was making a corn dog, but it didn't register that it was still cooking for that long until I started smelling smoke. We opened all of the windows and left the house and went shopping to let the smoke clear a little (okay so I was worried about the baby inhaling smoke, it wasn't extremely bad but you never know).

A few of Luke's latest conversation pieces (these are for me because I have a really short term memory):

If he wants us to hand him something he says "handle me that"
Caleb passed down the saying for Hand Sanitizer as "Hand Satizer"
Anything that has happened in the past, happened "yesterday"

Almost every morning Luke asks "Are we going to church today?" He hasn't been a huge fan of church lately, so he double checks to make sure we aren't dressing church. But today he said he had fun because everyone gave him candy.

Luke came to me the other day and said "Cora has feelings" I was thinking he meant tooth fillings, but I think it dawned on him that she is a little person who has feelings.

The other day Luke and I were playing pirate ship and he informed he was "Peter Pan" I was "Wendy" and we decided Cora could be "Tinkerbell."

At Playschool the teacher asked what they wanted to be when they grow up and Luke said "A Pirate" and also "The Grinch" and later "A Cowboy."

We had stromboli the other night and when I told Luke what it was called, he thought I said "strongboli" and would flex his muscles telling everyone we were having strongboli.

4 comments:

Jonas, Dohnele, and Emma said...

Looks like someone has a headstart on college living... That corn dogs looks like it could easily have come from a freshman dorm somewhere :-)

Unknown said...

Yuck to the "horndog" (as Uncle Neil says).

Luke is a crack-up! I love that kid!

I still say hand statizer too!

Susan said...

I remember when my fire alarm went off when I was in the shower and Myla was fixing a corn dog--- I had ot throw out the microwave-- Super scary--
Your baby is sooo adorable. Hope all is well.

Nate and Karen said...

That totally cracks me up! I bet it stunk so bad! I love that he wants to be the grinch. ha ha