
Caleb has always had large tonsils for his body, even when he was two years old his pediatrician told us to watch them and see if he would grow into them. He has always been a snorer because of this, but more recently he has been having trouble sleeping and in the morning he would hold his breath and then exhale slowly (I wonder if it was some compensation to get more oxygen). So we took him to the Ear Nose Throat Dr. and they said his tonsils were large enough to be taken out for the reason alone of obstruction. Normal tonsils barely show up on the sides of the throat but Caleb's were almost touching. This morning I was getting some strong contractions, and wondered if I would be able to take Caleb in, but after I got moving they slowed down again. (I have been getting these almost every morning, she is definitely practicing up for her big debut.) Caleb was so brave, he was really nervous before going in and talked to Matt and Luke on the phone to help calm his nerves. It is so hard for me to see him look so rough and sickly when he first came out of surgery. He wasn't able to breath very well so the respiratory therapist did a breathing treatment for him. He is doing a lot better now but so tired, dizzy, and hurting. I hope it is all worth it.
7 comments:
Cute Caleb! And cute mom who had to go through all the worry while you are about to give birth. Keep those legs crossed!
Poor little guy! I hope he starts to feel better. And you better not have that baby while Debra is gone!
You poor guys! That's gotta be so tough on Caleb and then you trying to balance that with a kid on the way! Hope everything goes well for both of you!
Poor guy! Now that it's over we want those contractions though!!!
WHAT? You didn't tell me he had to get his tonsils out. What a brave boy! Give him a big hug and kiss from Aunt Angela!!
Poor kid. We would bring Popsicles if we lived closer.
WOW! I am going to have to get more info from you about this. Ashlee has HUGE tonsils too! It causes her to snore and she gets short of breath really easy. I am sorry you had to go through all that just before the baby was born. Glad everything worked out ok!
Post a Comment