Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Rock Climbing
Caleb has been asking and asking to go rock climbing again, so we finally went on Monday. I think it is a great thing to do in the winter, but it is a little pricey so we don't go too often. Caleb loved it and didn't skip a beat climbing to the top. Luke surprised us as well, his first try he went up just above Matt and then stopped. However, on his second try he went clear to the top! Then when it was time to come down he didn't want to! He would come down a little then grab a hand or foot hold and start up again. I started thinking about it last night and it made my stomach sick, my baby was so high above me and I had no control!! Heights never bothered me before I was a mother, I used to rappel down 200 foot cliffs without a second thought when working at Zion Ponderosa, or with friends in Ephraim but now I can not handle my kids being up high or near any kind of drop offs even if it is enclosed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
that's a huge wall! where did you find it?! Looks like a ton of fun! We get worried about Emma too; she'll get that look in her eye as she perches at the edge of the bed - we know she wants to jump off into space! Fortunately no injuries yet!
Tell me about it ... something about pregnancy (or maybe age) changes your sense of balance. I used to LOVE Lagoon and roller coasters. Now even the merry-go-round makes me dizzy. I get dizzy thinking about the merry-go-round! I tried doing a "pizza party" with Gabe a few weeks ago (spinning in place). Holy buckets.
What a couple of little dare-devils! They are so cute and boyish! Definitely sons of Matthew! Fearless!
I've always hated heights!
Post a Comment