
I am now 26 weeks! I wanted to post a picture of the baby's progress. I have been feeling great, this part of the pregnancy is always the nicest, past morning sickness but not big enough to be super uncomfortable. We are getting very excited. Luke often will say, "Mom I like the baby in your tummy" which is a good thing and I hope it lasts. Caleb said he is glad he is having a sister, so we hope it ends up being a girl. But we would be happy either way.
Week 27: I Sense Something Is Going On
Your baby's auditory development (hearing) is progressing as the network of nerves to the ears matures. And even though the sounds your baby hears are muffled (thanks to the creamy coating of vernix covering those ears), he or she may recognize both yours and your partner's voices. So this might be a good time to read and even sing to your baby (or rather, your belly) - and a good chance to start boning up on those nursery rhymes and lullabies you'll need to be repeating (and repeating) pretty soon. And while you're at it, here's another way to have some family fun: If your partner presses his ear to your belly, he might be able to hear the baby's heartbeat.
Your baby's taste buds are very developed now too (with more taste buds than he or she will ever have outside the womb, actually). Need a taste test? If you eat some spicy food (you hot mama, you), your baby will be able to taste the difference in the amniotic fluid (but keep in mind that you'll have different mealtimes, with your baby's coming about two hours after yours). Some babies will even respond to that spicy kick by hiccupping. And although hiccups (which feel like belly spasms to you) may seem like they're disturbing to your baby, he or she isn't stressed at all. It's just one more sensation that babies need to get used to.
6 comments:
Look how cute you are and what a darling dress! Your boys are so cute and sweet.
I am glad your pregnancy is going well. Can you imagine how darling your girl is going to look since your boys are so cute?
Rebecca, you are looking fabulous!!! Love your belly shot! That is wonderful news that you are feeling great! Glad to hear that your boys are excited!
You look great, and I love that dress! Very darling. And I agree wtih Alison, another cute toehead to add to the bunch. :)
Oh you are so cute and looking way too good for 26 weeks. I'm glad you are feeling good and that the boys are excited for baby sister!
kari
I love your little belly! So, I assume you are not finding out the sex? I don't know how you have the self control.
Post a Comment