









Matt had a little research to do down in Moab, so we took the opportunity to take a mini vacation. We spent the afternoon on Friday looking at a burn site near Castle Valley and the next morning. Followed by an amazing hike to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. It is really one of the most incredible natural wonders. And to think we have lived in Utah all of these years and never visited that particular arch. It was a beautiful day and I am sure an ideal day to hike there, during the summer it would be swarming with tourists. Matt said it was one of the coolest things he has ever seen. It really takes your breath away, because as you are hiking you can't view the arch, until you come around this bend and there it is in all its beauty. Luke didn't like us to hang on to him but it was a little dangerous at the end of the hike. Then we headed up toward Dead Horse point, where Matt had a little more measurements to take up there, which we had to finish on Sunday because we ran out of day light. I think the boys favorite part was swimming in the pool and hot tub. It was really relaxing and good to get away to Southern Utah. I love to go there especially in the spring and fall. If it has been a while since I have been in the beautiful red rocks, I really crave that beautiful country.
4 comments:
I love how you guys are always doing fun things. No lazy boys who just play video games in your family!
Fantastic pictures! It looks like you had so much fun too! I made it to Delicate Arch once with The Wildlife Society, but never with Dohnele and Emma. It was amazing when I was there, though. I hiked to it at night and watched the full moon rise right behind the arch which was really cool. Utah really is an amazing place - especially in fall and spring - like you say.
When is Matt getting a job as an environmental consultant so that he can hire me as his hydrologist?!
Thats awsome you got to do that for his work! It is so beautiful down there. I agree with you, it does take your breath away :)
Seeing your pictures from Moab makes me a little home sick for UT. Thanks for sharing
Just saw the baby counter at the end of your blog, congratulations!
Post a Comment