Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Home Evening Pumpkin Carving







Caleb and Luke have been waiting for Monday night to come so we could carve our pumpkins!! As soon as Caleb got home from school, it was all he could talk about, after a few calls to Matt to get him home, we finally got to carve our PUMPKINS. Halloween is not my favorite holiday but I do love the look of the finished glow of carved pumpkins in the dark night. Luke gave instruction on how he wanted his to look, he drew the nose and did a lot of puncture wounds. Caleb carved his all on his own, he did a B.Y.U cougar on the front with B.Y.U letters in the back. I did the moon and stars, and Matt is always very talented with his designs, he did a silhouette of our family (he was trying to think of a way to add in my pregnant belly but I am glad he didn't) . We had so much fun looking at our finished product it was hard to go in and go to bed.

4 comments:

Nona said...

Those are some impressive pumpkins. I almost forgot you were pregnant, I hope that is going good and that you are feeling well. Cute pics of the kids carving pumpkins

Anonymous said...

All the pumpkin carvings look awesome!!! Sounds like you all had a great family evening.

Unknown said...

Cute! I can't believe Matt's - he's so talented.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I am impressed with your family's creativity. Those are some really cool pumpkins!