Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All but Finished!!

We rented a bobcat for a few hours on Monday, which Luke loved!
Day 1
Finished

We worked so hard on our driveway this week!! Every day after Matt got home we put in a section, and on Friday and Saturday we stayed up until 11 working on it because we were getting so close. I love the finished product, it is very unique and sets our house apart from the neighbors. We bought a random assortment of paving stones but when we mixed the colors it looks good. We have a few finishing things to do, the approach from the road, and a cement pad near our garage for playing basketball etc. I am so lucky to have such a capable and hard working husband, it was good to work together. The work was definitely worth it! It will be so nice to be able to park on it this winter. The only sad thing is we probably won't live here long enough to enjoy it (I mean for years to come, we will be here for a good year or more), but hopefully will help us in the resale business.

6 comments:

jen said...

WOW!!! That looks so great!!!

Jayci said...

It's look awesome! I love the pavers instead of the same ol' boring cement! Hey! What do you mean you won't be able to enjoy it too long? You guys looking at moving? I know we don't see eachother, but I'd still love to know what's up!

Jayci said...

Also - you do have one hard working husband! And you're a hard worker too. You guys are so awesome and motivated!

Anonymous said...

The finished product looks awesome!!!
You guys did a great job!!

Kerri said...

That looks amazing! I'll have to drive by and see it in person. Tell your husband good job!

katrina berg said...

i'm luving catching up on your blog....the boys look so cute in their halloween costumes...luke's lips..oh! and the hug comments: priceless. way to go on the driveway...i'm a huge sucker for pavers. it looks beautiful especially the random colors!