Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day




In the morning, I decided we definitely needed to get out and do something to enjoy labor day (Matt went in the field do some data collection). It had rained during the night but there were little rays of sunshine coming out around 10 am. So I packed the boys up in the car and we went up Payson canyon to go for a hike. But as we started our hike, we could literally see the dark cloud come over us, it started to lightly rain, so went a little further, but then it got worse so we turned around. By the time we got to the car it was HAILING! We definitely had a good adventure, and I am glad I have such good sports for boys, they probably enjoyed the hike a lot more with the hail.

Later we also went to "Beauty and the Beast" in Payson, with my Mom, Ann, Gwen and Neil; my Uncle Richard was Crazy old Maurice and did so great. He was so funny and cute with his hair sticking out all over. I was really impressed with the whole production. Belle sounded like she could be on broadway, and I guess she is just out of high school.

11 comments:

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I hope your boys realize that their mom rocks. They're so lucky that you'll take them out hiking in the hail. :) Looks like you had lots of fun!

Gaven said...

Hey Becky your blog is pretty sweet, I will say that your playlist is by far the best playlist i have heard! I have been working on the computer for an hour or so and have just had your playlist going the whole time and I love it!!! Excellent selections!

jen said...

You are such a good mom!!! I would never dream of going hiking with my kids -- even in the rain, the snow, the hail, the sun, the shine, the perfect weather of all time! LOL I guess I am just not a hiker. :)

Jayci said...

You're so much fun & so adventurous. Wanna know what I did while it was raining Monday morning? Curled up on my couch and watched the rain! I wasn't gonna venture out!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys had a blast. You guys are so adventurous!!! We love those freak storm in Utah!!!

Kerri said...

Hey! So glad you found my blog and thanks for sharing yours with me! It will be so much fun to read about your family! If you send me your email address I'll send you an invitation to my private blog too. kerripchef@netzero.com

Unknown said...

Those boys of yours are little troopers! If I have boys - I want them like yours! It helps that they have such an amazing mother!!

Nate and Karen said...

Where ever you go adventure seems to follow! At first I thought it was Matt that brought on all of the crazy adventures, but now I am not so sure it isn't you. I love it.

MommyMert said...

Payson Canyon seemed to be the place to go over Labor Day weekend! :) Glad you had a good time, despite the weather.

Lael said...

We were supposed to go to a water park that day! Needless to say, we left the sunscreen at home.

sherbugs said...

We went to Payson Lakes too! Unfortunately we never made it out of the car. That was our first trip up there and it hailed. We've decided we have to take the kids back and go exploring! Can you recommend any great trails? ;)