Saturday, August 23, 2008

tag about my man

AbOUT mE aNd My LoVE.....

What is his name? Matthew David Madsen

How long have we been married? 9 years next month!

How long did we date? We dated for a little over a year (a year of adventure and young love), Matt went on his mission (I wrote him every week, and I checked the mailbox religiously), we were engaged within 2 weeks and married three months later.

How old is he? the big 30

Who eats more? It's a toss up, usually him but sometimes me depends on what it is.

Who said "I love you" first? Matt said "I think I love you" and I said "I know I love you"

Who is taller? He is, by about 3 inches which doesn't stop me from wearing tall shoes!

Who sings better? Neither of us are strong singers, but I love the way he sings when he plays his guitar. When we sing for FHE without a piano it can get quite interesting.

Who is smarter? Well when we first got married, I thought I had the book smarts, and he had street smarts, but now look who's working on his PhD! So I think what he does now is so amazing and so hard, he is smarter for sure in the academic department, but I never said I wouldn't go back to school.

Whose temper is worse? Matt

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who does the laundry? I do.

Who cooks dinner? I do.

Who drives when together? Matt does, but if he wants to work on his laptop he makes me! Which I think the man should drive.

Who is more stubborn? Toss up.

Who is the first to admit when wrong? Matt, he is good at apologizing. Then I usually follow right after.

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we wear them together, but in different areas.

Who mows the lawn? Matt used to in Logan, now I do (which is fine because we have such a tiny yard), unless Matt is feeling guilty about me being pregnant and all.

Who kissed who first? Matt kissed me after a long night of hiking, getting lost, finding our way, and he was so happy he kissed me right there under a blue moon.

Who asked out who first? It was a blind date, we were set up by my ballet friend Mei. We went on a double date with her brother Jordan and my friend Janna to Gunnison's prom (we went snowmobiling and telemark skiing up Mayfield canyon, us girls didn't ski so well). We actually met the night before in Ephraim at Janna's house where Matt played us some guitar, which I have heard him say "chics dig guitars" so that is definitely what sparked my interest, he was this shy, outdoor guy who could play the guitar, I was hooked.

Who proposed? He did (kind of twice) the first time was literally a few days after his mission, and he didn't have a ring, and I said yes, but I didn't know for sure for myself. But it didn't take long for me to get my answer and we were engaged two weeks later. Matt wrote and played a song for me on the guitar and the ring was in the guitar case on a dried thistle in a handkerchief I had given him previously. The lyrics to the song literally blew away, and he said it was probably a good thing, so I don't remember the song very well, but it was beautiful.

What is my favorite thing about him? I think his quiet leadership, amazing ability as a father, the way he can make me go from angry to laughing or at least not angry, his ethic of hard work to support us and to keep pursuing his goals. I love to see him in his element when he is working on something. I love that he loves to be with his family first and foremost and going on fun adventures together. I love the way he loves me. I feel so blessed to have him for my man.

I tag this for anyone who wants to record a little about their significant other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca and Matt,
Such beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing. I met Eric at my sister's and his brother's wedding. We wrote letters for a year (no email in those days!) and then he proposed over the phone. We have been married for over 25 years and those early days of letter writing are very special...so much so that even though we have carefully saved the letters, we have never looked at them again.

Cathy

Jayci said...

Well, I learned something today! Matt really is such a good person. I didn't realize what a romantic he is! I totally love the proposal story - it's something I never knew. You guys are both so awesome & I will love you forever!

jen said...

Cute! I will have to remember to do this next winter when my anniversaries (wedding, proposal and meeting) come around. :)

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhh - such true love! Perfect-o for each other.

That was fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about you guys!!! Your love story is so priceless. So glad you shared it with everyone.