Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday CALEB

Caleb 8 months

Caleb 10 months

Caleb 3 years

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Josh, Sterling, Caleb, Kaiyah, Luke

Caleb trying out new Heelys

Rob, Carter, Autum, Ann

Evan and Ann

Caleb, Luke, Matt, Carly

Nana, Carly, Elizabeth, Caleb

Luke and Caleb


With Caleb and Luke's birthday's only a week apart, it feels like we celebrate all week long! Caleb is now officially six, even though he got to share Luke's birthday last week, he had a whole day of birthday fun again (and Luke got in on the presents too). It is nice to have their birthdays mid year to differentiate from Christmas. So when they ask for things, I can conveniently deter to next celebration of birthday or Christmas. When Caleb and Luke were born they were both a couple weeks early from their due date and weighed the same at 6 lbs 11 oz, which I thought was unusual. The date of Caleb's birthday is special to Matt and I too, he was born on the day that we had our first kiss, lost in the mountains on a blue moon, but in the year 1996 (I use to be an avid journal writer so I kept track of those things). When Caleb was born we hadn't picked a name for him yet but had the name Caleb on our list, when he was born both Matt and I could feel the strength of his little spirit, and it being a Sunday, we felt the name Caleb fit because of Caleb in the bible "He and Joshua alone brought back a true report; they alone of all the people who left Egypt survived 40 years in the wilderness" strong, faithful, a good man... we knew it was his name. I am sure Caleb will be grow up to have some of those same qualities, Caleb brings us so much happiness. Caleb is very smart, creative, and sensitive. He is a peacemaker, encouraging us to be good to each other and helps take care of his little brother, Luke. This morning Luke cut his toe, and Caleb climbed up and got neosporin and a band aid out of the medicine basket and put it on Luke's toe. Caleb is very patient and understanding, and thinks about others feelings. We are so blessed to have him in our family.

Caleb invited a few friends over, played a few games, decorated and ate cupcakes, and went to jumpin' jacks to celebrate! Later that evening we had some of my family that live near us including my Mom, who was able to come and a few cousins come over for dinner of barbecued beef sandwiches, watermelon, and corn on the cob. Caleb kept asking if it was time to open presents yet, he was so excited to open the v-smile and heelys! The heelys are a little bit tricky, he asked me to go get his helmet so he could practice. We had a good time watching the water blaster go off, and playing a fun game Evan brought over that involved tossing golf balls.

9 comments:

alison said...

I love little Caleb. He is such a cutie. I would think that waking up in the morning would be a treat because you get to see Caleb!

Nate and Karen said...

Your boys are adorable! Happy birthday to both of them.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good week of celebrating. The pictures and write ups of your boys are so priceless. You have wonderful boys!
Happy Birthday you two!

Sabrah said...

Happy birthday Caleb! I hope you guys are doing good! What's new? Give my best to Matt, Caleb and Luke:) It seems you had a great birthday:) MISS YOU GUYS!

Kari said...

Yeah for Caleb! He is such a cutie!

M&M factory said...

For Caleb's party pictures was the picture of Ann and Evan - is that Ann your little sister? If so she used to be blond. I enjoyed all of the pictures.

Rob & Autum said...

That was fun to be able to come over for Caleb's birthday! The food was delicious!!

Rob and I are getting closer to buying a house. There are two in Santaquin we are trying to decide on. I would like to continue working here and there at the clinic in orem so I am trying to see what my options are. I was wondering if you could watch him just a couple days a month. I know you are busy with your own kids and I wouldn't really know the days too much in advance so I totally understand if you can't or don't want to ok. Just let me know Talk to you soon. (I haven't talked to Rob about how much but we would also pay you.)

Unknown said...

He is a sweet little boy. I'm sure glad you had him! That was so fun to see them on Saturday - I really wish I could see them more often.

jen said...

What a wonderful boy. We sure love having him as one of Primary friends!!!