

Caleb gets so excited with holidays, they must be learning about St. Patrick's day at school because he came home and decided to leave the leprichauns four pennies (because they like "gold") which he put on the porch, I guess so they will like him, and bring him good luck. I am not sure if he is aware that you don't actually "receive" anything on this holiday. In the mean time Luke found the pennies and decided to keep them and later as we were playing outside Caleb was very excited to announce that they were gone, and I wasn't about to dash his hopes of it being the lucky leprichaun that found the pennies, but only a little greedy lucky Luke. We also went on a search for clovers in our grass and in our neighbors grass (on the way home from school he asked me what those things were called that looked like 3 lily pads together).
Lately Luke has become very independent due to my attempts of potty training. We started last Thursday and he is doing pretty well...knock on wood. He decided that today when I was trying to get him to take his nap that he was a big boy and big boys don't sleep in the day. So I am hoping this is just phase and that he will continue to take his 2 hour naps each day but I am probably out of luck. He tells everyone "I am big, see!" and then will raise his hands high in the air. Tonight we went and had dinner at BYU with Matt and we passed a statue that had a little girl his size and he stood up to the statue face to face really close sizing her up and decided that he wasn't bigger than her, and that they were the same. Then he proceeded to run to a tree and say "Look, I am bigger" which we said not really and then he looked up at the tree and started talking to it. Saying "hey you, I am talking to you!" As people are passing by giving our little one interesting looks as he is trying to talk to the tree.
6 comments:
So much fun to see how much they are changing. That's a funny story about the "gold" and the little lucky Luke.
Don't you love having boys and they are such cute brothers! It's so fun to watch them grow and learn, everything is so literal to them.
Kari
you're so lucky that Luke takes nice long naps... and seems to be well on the road to being potty trained. We'll get there eventually I suppose! In the meantime it's diapers and 20 minute cat naps!
Love the glasses!
i LOVED the pennies and "talking to the tree" stories. missing you guys! i'm in need of some madsen time :) my parents mitht come up for easter...thought it would be a nice time to go to the ranch & see grandma & grandpa...will you guys be around?
That is funny. I Sunday I was walking around the block with my boys, and Leo went up to a tree and started tickling it.
Post a Comment